Saturday, December 12, 2015

Be Steadfast and Don't be Afraid

In the Name Of Allah
The Most Gracious and Most Merciful


One of the verses that I love most, of which when I came across it, felt like it was meant for me personally. I had stumbled upon it during a very uncertain period because I was in a transition from practicing colour therapy to Islamic medicine. For doing so, I had received some backlash from a few practitioners and was accused and criticised for betraying the fraternity.  Worse still, at that particular time I was living alone. 

I was sure of my choice, but I just needed a little bit of assurance that not only was I going to the right path, but also be able to sustain what I was set to do. Then came this verse, and Ive never looked back since. 
Surah Fussilat verse 30 translated as:

Verily, those who say: Our Lord is Allah (Alone)," and then they stand firm, on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): Fear not nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!

Yet again, Allah promises those who believe, and declare that there is no God but Allah, and he stands by his conviction, the reward of Paradise. What I find most pleasing in this verse is the mention of angels descending upon us, and I take it a little further. It is a fact that Allah sends His angels down for us, His servants and I am immensely comforted by the knowledge that it is not only at the time of our death but all the time, to constantly protect and guide us in everything we do. 

Reciting and holding on to this verse gives me instant strength and courage to face whatever circumstances especially in my line of duty. I know I am never alone and as long as I am steadfast in my belief in Allah, I needn't fear anything. 

Allah, and His angels...they are always near us.   


No comments:

Post a Comment